Green Event Strategy
In an effort to minimize its environmental impact, the California Maritime Leadership Symposium event planning process is guided by Three Squares Inc's ISO20121 sustainable event policy. This standard was popularized by the 2012 London Olympics and requires that event organizers consider the impact of all event related activities within the areas of energy and water efficiency, carbon emissions, event waste, as well as sustainable catering, decor and event supplies.
The CMLS shows strong commitment to the environment in the following areas:
- Efforts to reduce paper consumption: online marketing campaign, online registration system;
- Sustainable purchasing of conference materials: website powered by 100% renewable energy, biodegradable and recyclable name badge materials;
- Catering: reduced disposables;
- Emission Reduction: hotel and reception within walking distance, committee conference calls to reduce travel; and,
- Hotel Policies: California Green Lodging Program and the Sacramento Sustainable Business Program.
Three Squares Inc. is an environmental consulting firm which designs sustainability into the internal and external DNA of organizations. A global leader in green event production and the first firm in the U.S. to earn ISO 20121 compliance, TSI maintains the highest standards of environmental integrity across each of its projects.